Translate

Thursday, February 16, 2012

What the heck is this 80:20 rule?



This simply means 80% of the people don’t use their intelligence to advance themselves. 80% of people work for 20% people.
It is like driving a car in fun zone. We go round and round and become happy that we are traveling but most of time we end up reaching the starting point as our end point. We fail to understand the larger picture or advance to the next level. It is not that people are not aware of this situation but it requires greater force, effort and lot of planning to move away from this center of gravity. This is a common picture in all the normal situations. We feel secure in crowds, that’s all right but thinking like the crowd is not good. So let’s see what traits put us in the 80% band
  1. Normally 50-70% of my income goes in paying bills and installments for car, TV etc
  2. All my savings are safely invested in banks and my share portfolio is swelling
  3. Alas! All my savings went away in emergency
  4. We enjoy and 10% of my income is spent on entertainment
  5. I am cool as I buy everything branded from shoes to googs, even my underwear is branded. N o matter even if it drains 25% of my annual income but quality counts yaar
  6. Good opportunities of investment are hard to find and it’s very risky
  7. My child goes to the best of the best nursery school in the town and look how smart he has become. It is worth the spending
  8. Why is it that every time any new opportunity comes then my investment is always a little shorter than the lowest bracket?
  9. Family security matters, I recently bought a swanky flat and I will buy my office place as soon as I pay off the flat’s loan
  10. I buy shares that my broker recommends, of course I tally them with daily mobile tips I receive
  11. Last month only I was the most valued customer of the credit card company
  12. I have the latest of mobile and laptop and they are great for surfing and I don’t use most of other applications
  13. I always rush to offers of malls as its great value for money.

Well check out for yourself how the people of 80% band think and you can check whether you are in or out. You can be on the periphery of the band if you have more No’s. It’s not always easy to migrate to 20% band. And even after migrating to the 20% band there is also the same band of other 80:20.
But the most difficult is to break free from 80% band as it’s related to our habits but its surely worth an earnest try. It is always great fun and excitement in the process of achieving more than the achievement itself. So happy band jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment