The Greatness of Saturn by Robert E. Svoboda
A Therapeutic Method
(Book review 12/2015)
Reliable ways to please Saturn1. Wearing of a ring or bangle made of iron or steel, especially which is made from a horseshoe or horseshoe nail that has been collected at a time that is propitious for the purpose you wish to accomplish.
2. You can also feed, and otherwise serve, a wholly black animal, especially a cow
3. Worship a Shami tree (Prosopis spicigera)
4. Give alms to the indigent on Saturdays
5. On Saturdays you should fast or eat one meal only; if you eat, the food should include urud dal (split Phaseolus radiates)
6. You can give your old clothes to a homeless person on Saturday
7. Give iron implement that is useful to his trade to a labourer.
8. You can also feed crows on Saturdays for several Saturdays in a row.
9. Immerse the metals sacred to the planets in flowing water or bury them in earth. This type of donation gives back to nature that which nature has given us and is useful as an act of non-attachment.
10. It is beneficial to start your upaya during the astrological season ie January 20 to March 19 for Saturn.
11. Direct worship of Saturn, or worship of Lord Shiva or of the monkey god Hanuman, is tested, effective ways to conquer “what comes naturally”.
Note that Saturday vows are also useful for Rahu and Ketu, the two of the Nine Grahas who do not own weekdays, Rahu and Ketu are closely related to Saturn because they are shadow planets, and Saturn’s mother was Chaya, “the Shadow.”