Translate

Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Greatness of Saturn by Robert E. Svoboda Part III

The Greatness of Saturn by Robert E. Svoboda

A Therapeutic Method

(Book review 12/2015)
 
 
 


The lifting of the seven and a half and the pleasing of Lord Saturn.
King Vikrama, who knew nothing of the drama that was playing in the palace, had begun to worry: “When shall I go to Ujjayani and return to ruling my kingdom? There is no misery left for me to undergo, and still Lord Saturn does not show me his grace. Would that he would grace me now!” Lord Saturn appeared before him on being filled with compassion. 

On seeing and hearing the almighty Saturn, King Vikrama attempted to rise to his feet but, being footless, he tumbled promptly to the ground, so he rolled handlessly over to Saturn’s feet in order to make his obeisance. Then said the almighty Lord Saturn: “O King Vikrama! Bravo for your patience. You have survived great miseries; now request your heart’s desire from me.”

Vikramaditya, in voice choked with emotion, replied, “O Great Ruler! You have awarded me immense distress. Give me now this boon, that you will never again trouble anyone else as you have troubled me. O Compassionate Lord Saturn! This is my heart’s desire. No one else could endure the miseries that I have withstood. I wish that this should happen to no one else, ever.”

When he heard this Saturn responded with “Bravo, King Vikrama! Well done! You could have asked for your hands and feet to be returned to you, but you feel the pain of others in your heart, and renouncing your own selfishness, you asked for a boon for everyone else. You are verily a remover of other’s troubles, for you want to save all beings from suffering. I am very pleased with this sort of benevolent attitude. I am in truth pleased that I give you this boon: May your hands and feet be again as they were before, and may you regain your previous luster!” In the instant that these words were spoken King Vikrama’s hands and feet were once again whole, and he was as handsome as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment